Did you know your skin is the largest organ of your body?
When I first heard this it really got me thinking about how everything I put on my skin does sink in! With this is mind, I changed to a certified organic skin care range and aluminium free deodorant. I bought Ere Perez organic make up and went all out! (their mascara is great). To keep things in balance, I have continued to use all organic skincare although when wearing makeup I don't always wear organic as I haven't found a brand that I completely love.
Nourishing your skin from the inside out is just as important as using topical lotions and face wash. By giving the body the right nutrients and healthy fats you can love your skin from the inside which in turn shows the great benefits on the outside!
Here are my top 10 tips for glowing skin:
1. Drink 2-3 litres of water per day
2. Eliminate inflammatory foods, in particular dairy products, gluten, alcohol, caffeine, saturated fats, trans fats and sugar.
3. Eat more good fats and oils, this can include flaxseed oil, olive and coconut oil, fats from avocados and nuts.
4. It is important to get your daily dose of omega 3’s as they are essential fatty acids which your body can't produce itself and they encourage the body to produce anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Stock up on your greens, in particular kale, spinach, leafy greens and broccoli.
6. Choose organic foods when possible, this can help prevent pesticides building up toxins in the body.
7. Drink a glass of warm water with lemon in the morning to get your digestive system and metabolism pumped up for the day ahead! (Apple Cider Vinegar works too! Read more)
8. Use a Dry Body Brush (Read more)
9. Get your beauty sleep! So your skin can renew and restore skin cells; Aim for 8 hours
10. Load up on antioxidants! In particular raw cacao and green tea. Raw cacao contains skin loving vitamins and minerals which include omega 6 fatty acids, magnesium and vitamin C. Antioxidants assist in the renewal of skin cells and help fight free radicals which can damage the cells.