Don't be mislead by their size, although they may be small chia seeds are packed full of goodness!
Its hard to believe that something so small can have such amazing health benefits, no wonder they are considered to be a 'Superfood'!
Just to name a few, here are 10 benefits of Chia Seeds:
1. High in fibre - aids digestion troubles
2. High in protein - chia contain 8 essential amino acids, also a great plant based source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
3. Aids weight loss, helps digestions and will keep you fuller for longer
4. The richest plant source of omega-3 essential fatty acids
5. They are gluten free
6. Cholesterol free and they have a Low Glycaemic Index (low GI)
7. Source of magnesium
8. Vegan source of iron and calcium
9. They are high in antioxidants
10. Chia seeds are another skin-loving food source
8 ways to eat chia:
Chia Pudding (recipe link below)
Sprinkle over salads
Mix into porridge or breakfast cereal
Add to your baking, cakes/muffins
Mix in a small amount of water until their outer gel forms and drink for an instant fibre hit.
Add to smoothies
Chia Jam (Google for recipes)
Chia seeds come in white and black and both contain the same nutritional benefits.
Top image source: Google.com