These three foods have unexpected health benefits and are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals! Definitely worth adding to your diet.
You can find these three 'Superfoods' in the produce section of your supermarket. I believe there are hundreds of foods that should be classified as 'Superfoods', its great to know which easily accessible foods you can buy that have optimal health benefits! Remember to opt for organic or locally grown produce for a higher nutrient content!
- Papayas protect against heart disease
- Support the digestive and immune systems
- Contain anti-inflammatory properties
- Loaded with Vitamin C and Beta Carotine
- Are an exceptional source of antioxidants
- Contain anti-cancer properties
- Help to regulate cholesterol levels
- Great for the skin!
Add some paw paw to your breakfast bowl, or fill them up with fruit and make a 'papaya boat'!
Sage is a fantastic source of many nutrients.
- Power packed full of vitamin A, B6, K, E, C and Folate
- Sage is rich in antioxidants and minerals
- It improves brain function
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- It is also great for reducing stress and has a calming effect to reduce nerves
- Sage contains anti-carcinogenic properties (anti-cancer)
- Improves vision
- Supports the reproductive system
If these aren't enough reasons to add sage to your diet then I don't know what is! Perfect in soups and risottos.
- Beet is high in Vitamin C, Folate and Manganese!
- It supports the body's natural detoxification process
- It is high in antioxidants
- Contains anti-cancer properties
Add beetroot to your fresh veggie juices, or chop it up and add some to your salad!