I have been craving chocolate like crazy (more than usual) these past couple of days, the stress of exams has almost tempted me to opt for a high gluten, dairy packed and sugar loaded hearty choc-chip cookie!!
To save the day I came up with these delicious DOUBLE Choc-chip Cookies! They can be enjoyed in moderation without that yucky feeling afterwards.
These cookies are not gluten free, but are low in gluten. I have used 85% dark chocolate chips, but feel free to use cacao nibs to make them even more healthy!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of oat flour (oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 3 tbsp Natvia (I used the baking mix)
- 2 tbsp vanilla powder (or essence)
- 1/3 cup 85% dark chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
(Makes about 15-17 cookies)
1. Combine oat flour, almond meal, cacao powder, Natvia, vanilla powder, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl, mixing until combined.
2. Add in melted coconut oil and egg.
3. Once all ingredients are combined, roll spoon sized scoops of cookie dough into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Softly press down cookies with a fork before baking them in the oven for 10 minutes.