After 4 tested (and 2 failed attempts) I have finally come up with a delicious alternative to chocolate cookies!
This recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
1 1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional, swap for more choice chips if you prefer)
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/3 cup raw honey (or rice malt syrup if you don't want it to be too sweet)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Combine almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder, cacao nibs, coconut sugar and chic chips in a medium size bowl.
2. Add egg, coconut oil, vanilla and honey.
3. Mix until combined.
4. Place mixture in fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
5. Roll mixture into 8-10 balls and flatten with fork.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Note: this recipe is quite sweet, you can swap honey for 1/3 cup of rice malt syrup if you don't have much of a sweet tooth!