These muffins are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. They make a great work/uni or kid's lunchbox snack.
I have double tested them to make sure they are spot on, as when I first made up the recipe it ended up being a bit too dry after a few days - so here they are!
Banana muffins that won't upset your tummy or trigger sensitive bellies.
1 1/2 cup blanched almond meal
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or 70% chocolate chopped, or dairy free choc chips)
4 small ripe bananas - make sure they have brown spots! (or 3 large bananas)
1/4 cup local honey (or 100% pure maple)
3 organic eggs
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond meal, tapioca, coconut flour, baking soda and choc-chips.
3. In a food processor, combine bananas, honey, eggs and olive oil until there are no lumps.
4. Pour mixture into bowl of dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spoon mixture into 12 lined muffin tins.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Please tag me on social if you make this recipe, I would love to see your creations so I can share the love!
P.s If you need any help, please leave a comment below!