SUMMER VEGAN ROLLS
This recipe is great if you are after a lite, summer healthy meal!
It's packed with veggies if you are craving nutrients. I've used organic falafels by Bite Me Fine Foods as they are GMO free, certified organic and gluten free.
5 rice paper sheets
5 Bite Me Fine Foods Wild Rice Falafels
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 large carrot, sliced
¼ capsicum, sliced
½ large cucumber, sliced
½ cup purple cabbage, chopped
½ cup alfalfa sprouts
For the dressing:
½ cup vegan mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
¼ tsp garlic granules
Pinch salt + pepper
¼ tsp oregano
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of garlic infused olive oil in a saucepan on low heat.
2. Fry falafels for 1 minute on each side or until crisp. Allow 1 falafel per rice paper roll, slice in halves and set aside.
3. Prepare vegetables.
4. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Soak sheets for 30 seconds and use immediately.
5. Place rice sheet on a plate, place vegetables and falafels in centre, fold sides and roll.
6. Serve fresh or store in refrigerator.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic granules, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Serve with rice paper rolls.
For more vegan falafel recipes: @bitemefinefoods