Are you experiencing sluggish digestion or do you struggle to digest certain foods?
If you answered YES!.. then this post is just for you. These are my tried and tested ways to say goodbye to abdominal discomfort and avoid that undesirable heavy, bloated feeling.
Poor gut health has become increasingly common among today's society as processed foods have slipped more and more into our daily diets, social events and supermarkets. As a result of consuming these foods the bacteria in our guts and our body's immune response has suffered. Our gut plays many important roles in the body from skin health, absorption of nutrients and aiding weight loss.. just to name a few!
Below are my top 7 tips to improve your gut health in 14 days. Although replenishing your gut may take months (and maybe even years), I guarantee you will start to feel better in 7-14 days by following these tips.
1. Cut out gluten containing foods/any foods you feel you struggle to digest - this includes rye, barley, oats and wheat flours. Dairy, Fructose and Lentils can also disturb gut health.
2. Start your day with a glass of fresh lemon juice or 1-2 tsp of Apple Cider vinegar in warm water to increase the production of hydrochloric acid. This will assist in the break down of food and also alleviate heart burn/reflux.
3. Increase intake of fermented foods - sauerkraut, kombucha etc.
4. Take a daily probiotic
5. Increase fibre intake - dietary fibre is a prebiotic, which increase beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal system as probiotics feed off them. Think chia seeds, psyllium husk etc.
6. Increase water intake - this will help to alleviate any constipation and get your bowls moving! However, make sure you try to drink water 15 minutes before or after any meals (as drinking fluids with meals can upset digestion).
7. Exercise - 30 minutes of daily physical activity will help keep you regular!
If you have any friends or family who would find the information in this post helpful, please share below xx