The perfect combination of indulgence and nutrition! These Valentines day cakes are a delicious alternative to chocolate, a guilt-free recipe that will love your body back!
These babies are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugars.
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2. Combine hazelnut meal, walnuts, cacao nibs, raw cacao & baking powder (in a medium sized bowl).
3. Add eggs, almond milk, coconut oil & rice malt syrup.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
5. Bake for 30-40 mins, or until cooked all the way through.
For the frosting
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4-5 teaspoons rice malt syrup
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and apply to cakes, then top with fresh berries, cacao nibs and buckinis!